The Academic and Cultural Exchange (ACE) program offers teachers an opportunity for a full-time salaried educational experience, coupled with dynamic cross-cultural activities with U.S. schools and communities. Our teachers inspire U.S. students, develop cultural awareness and understanding, and impact teacher effectiveness and student achievement.

Important and significant elements of the teaching program include:

  • Designated by the U.S. Department of State as an Authorized J-1 Visa Exchange Visitor Program Sponsor
  • The Program is a 3years program
  • Exchange Teachers are paid on the same salary scale as U.S. teachers
  • Visa Sponsorship for the teacher and family
  • Aid in securing U.S. lodging, transportation, healthcare, banking, etc.
  • Extensive academic, cultural and social support provided while in the U.S.
  • Aid in securing US Green card.

Academic and Cultural Exchange Teacher Program Minimum Requirements:

The applicant must have earned the equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in the USA (equivalent of four (4) yrs. of formal education at an accredited university)

  1. The applicant must have had formal teacher training, including his/her pedagogical preparation/training as part of a four-year university program or as an additional year of formal, full-time university study.
  2. The applicant may not be a U.S. resident, U.S. citizen or have ever applied for a green card.
  3. The applicant must either be able to speak English as their native language or have fluency in the English language.
  4. At the time of application, the applicant must have a minimum of two (2) years of full-time teaching experience after obtaining his/her Bachelor’s Degree
  5. Having a valid driver’s license in their home country is a plus to the teacher.
  6. The applicant must have a valid E-mail address.

The approximate salary range is $ 35,500 to $ 85,000 per annum prior to taxes. Your salary is based on your degree and your attested K – 12 experiences. We work to bring schools throughout the United States excellent teachers from around the world in the following subjects:

  • Math
  • Science
  • Special education
  • Foreign languages including Spanish, Chinese, etc.
  • Elementary education
  • English
  • ESOL
  • Social studies
  • Religious studies
  • … And more!

Please note, we expect that you as a candidate have spent considerable time working to improve your skills (successfully enrolled in Spoken English Classes, Computer Skills Classes; and searched for resources regarding American Classroom Management Strategies). We also require our teachers to demonstrate their interest in a cultural exchange program in the US, as we recognize that cultural exchange takes place both in and out of the classroom, as you become a member of your local community.

We provide our host schools with access to video introductions and resumes of teachers eager to come to the U.S. as a J-1 exchange visitor. We assist host schools and prospective teachers in scheduling phone and/or virtual interviews.

We currently have Letters of No Objection from the states of Virginia, Florida, Texas, Connecticut, South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia.

Frequently Asked Question

The most frequently asked questions with support answers on the teaching in the USA program. We have the answers for you.


It’s simple! Begin by clicking the “Get Started” button. RyttPath Prestige will review your submission and contact you shortly.

Participants are responsible for paying all fees associated with the Teach USA program.

Teach USA teachers earn the same salary and benefits as their American counterparts. This is a requirement for all host schools in the Teach USA program.

Teacher certification for international teachers is different state-by-state. The first step for all teachers is to undergo a Foreign Credential Evaluation (FCE). RyttPath and its partners offers a unique discount for our teachers to expedite their FCE and save money in the process!


RyttPath and its partners works with all types of accredited K-12 schools, provided they are supportive of international teachers and cultural exchange

The U.S. school year typically runs from August to the following June.

Yes! Spouses and children under 21 are eligible for sponsorship on a J-2 visa. RyttPath recommends that your family join you in the U.S. only after you have arrived at your placement, began teaching, and secured housing. Additionally, J-2 children can attend school in the U.S.

Dependents may apply for an I-765 from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to obtain an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) to work throughout the duration of their stay.

Teachers can stay up to 3 years and may apply for an extension of 2 years for a possible total of 5 years.